1. Getting completely soaked by surprise rain
Mississippi weather is unpredictable and even though you checked the weather before heading to class there is always a possibility of a sudden shower
2. Attempting to dodge every umbrella and failing
Just avoid places like the circle and The Walk of Champions on rainy days or you might end up with a black eye
3. There’s at least 5 Snapchat stories of someone soaked head to toe
hood on, no umbrella, peace sign, dripping hair. We’ve all seen it.
4. Thinking the flimsy Ole Miss rain pullover is enough
If you’re an Ole Miss student you own or have seen the red or blue pullover. While this pullover is loyal, it’s not the sturdiest and will not protect you from Mississippi’s sudden hurricanes.
5. When you get on the OUT bus to go to your first class and everybody else is wearing rain jackets
It’s best to accept your doomed fate.
6. Everybody has retreated indoors
The Starbucks line has gotten longer if that’s even possible.
7. The Grove is a nightmare
Even if you remembered your rainboots you probably still have mud everywhere. RIP to the poor Rebels who decided Birkenstocks were a good idea that day.