Application for Editor of 2022 yearbook!
To be eligible for this position, you must:
- have worked for at least two semesters on the staff of The Ole Miss.
- be currently enrolled at the University of Mississippi as a full-time student and have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (resident GPA). If selected as editor, you must maintain your full-time student status during your entire term.
The Editor is expected to:
- lead the staff through the production/ marketing/ distribution of the yearbook;
- recruit and hire a diverse staff, and prepare future editors;
- coordinate training sessions for staff;
- hold staff accountable for fulfilling their duties;
- follow all SMC policies, and enforce policies with student staff;
- attend mandatory student manager meetings;
- respond promptly to calls/emails about the yearbook;
- help produce special sections as needed;
- communicate regularly with yearbook staff, other student managers, professional staff and faculty;
- coordinate contest entries;
- represent Student Media at events including, but not limited to, Fall and Spring Visit Days, orientation and other recruiting events.
If you are interested in applying for this position for the fall, please feel free to give us your information now, here.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.